Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Best Birthday Cake

 

This is my birthday cake made by my brother Phil. I requested it as this is the best cake ever. Note the cake is sitting on the vintage music box that plays Happy Birthday.

This cake is a Dorie Greenspan recipe. It is white cake with almond flavoring, raspberry filling and buttercream frosting with coconut.

It is moist, flavorful and delicious. I took all the leftovers home! I shouldn't have but hey...it's my birthday.

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day. That cake looks simply amazing. I must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Looks wonderful . . . quite the birthday you have had. Happy 60th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cakes looks very yummy!!!!!!
    LL

    ReplyDelete