Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Good Read

I believe I have mentioned this previously.  I have a dear friend suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. She was diagnosed as early onset Alzheimer's. Mari was about 60 years old when she was diagnosed. It is a very sad disease process.

,
 I just finished the book, Still Alice by Lisa Genova. The author does an excellent job of describing the onset symptoms and follows the Alzheimer's progression.  The book was very moving and I felt it was very realistic. It makes you think about how you would deal with this diagnosis.   It helped me understand my friend Mari 's journey. A very good, quick read.   It provided me with a good insight as to what is going on in "their minds" and demonstrates how Alzheimer patients literally lose their mind! 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, Being there for your friend and for her caregivers is a wonderful gift. The hardest time in my life was losing my Dad a little bit each day, and feeling so helpless and isolated. Thanks for sharing your connection to this story. Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very good book . . . I just started it tonight . . . and can't putti down.

    ReplyDelete