Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm back!

Oh it feels so good to be connected again!  From the comfort of my own home that is!

A few projects have been in the works.  The one I am going to talk about today has been a long time coming.  I know I had some bad pictures of this posted earlier, but it was so long ago I can''t even find the post.  Anyway, it was pretty sad looking.

The BEFORE was an old cedar chest from a friends basement.  It had no legs, it was plain, and full of dirt and dust.

The AFTER:
We added legs and trim work and then covered the top to make a bench seat.
Nice cedar lined chest.
These side handles were are the originals.
This is a close up of the fabric for the seat cushion.  It's a slate gray and pearl color.  Goes perfect in our master bedroom.  The chest made its home at the foot of our bed.

I'll be back again tomorrow.  Glad you all stuck with me!
Babs~

2 comments:

  1. Yippee!
    Your chest/bench turned out beautifully!
    Me next . . . smile
    I think I will go check on it right now!

    ReplyDelete