Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cake Pops

My niece Jessie is hosting a baby shower for her sister Jackie tomorrow.  I was asked to make cake pops.
Jackie remarked a do not do enough tutorials on my blog, therefore, I needed to take a lot of pictures.  Well, I kind of forgot along the way but I will do the best I can to catalog this process.
I made strawberry, carrot cake, and funfetti cake.  You simply bake the cake as directed on the box and cool completely.  Then you crumb the cake with a pastry blender or with your hands.  Basically you want a bowl of crumbs.
Then you add frosting to the crumbs to make them stick together.  Use an ice cream scoop to make balls and then freeze.
We really are having fun, though it looks like Maggie is bored!
Once they are frozen or chilled well,  you add a stick to them and then they are dipped in Candy Melts.

They look like meatballs but these are carrot cake pops.
melt, dip, tap off drips, melt, dip, tap off drips!!!! Repeat for a few hours.
Measuring out the holes to place the cake pops.  We were going to use the basket in the foreground but the styrofoam was not strong enough to hold them upright.
Even my Richie got involved.
And viola,  here is the final product!  What do you think?
Leah LOVED dipping ..... she did most of them!  Thanks sweetie!
Yum, yum....can't wait to taste.
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment