Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Before and After - Trash to Treasure

I saw this nightstand at a garage sale - it was marked $10.00.  I passed on it.  The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to turn it into something that would work on the other side of our bed.  I went back a few hours later, if it was still there - I would make an offer.  Well, to my surprise, when I arrived it had been marked down to $5.00 - yippee.  It was sold and loaded into my trunk.





And after sanding, scraping, painting, adding new knobs and lining the drawer....ta-da!  Here it is:
What do you think?  I'm pretty happy with the end results.

Also, update on Mitch Albom appearance Monday night:  I thought he was very good.  Great speaker, held the audiences attention, promo'd his new book "Have A Little Faith" and I walked away feeling quite inspired.
It was a good evening.

We're headed to check out some fall colors for a few days.  I will take some photos for all you to enjoy.
TTFN - Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment