Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Volunteer Initiatives

One accomplishment that was on my "to do" list was to do some type of volunteer work. I was picky though. In the recent weeks, a few things came to fruition.

Today, I met my friend Sue for coffee. She had arranged for me to knit baby hats for newborns at a local hospital. Perfect fit for me. The hospital provides the yarn and the pattern one must use.

I started this afternoon. Each hat is 47 rows. Piece of cake.

My other volunteer work I'm doing is manicure's on Monday afternoons at a local assisted living center.

Nice ladies. Long, strong fingernails made pretty. Just a little something to make them feel feminine. Everyone likes pink polish...not too bright.

The highlight today was Hillie telling me at least 20 times in 20 minutes." You'd never get this in Germany, they are too tight." You see, she is from Berlin Germany. Couldn't quite get out of her how long she has been in this country. Just that she thought it was so nice getting a manicure in America....never in Germany. Each time she repeated it, I smiled! So sweet! She loved her nail color too, pink of course.

 

1 comment:

  1. Some great "giving back" volunteer ideas. Love the idea of giving manicures for the gals at assisted living. How did you find that job?

    ReplyDelete