Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

My sweet sister, Maggie surprised me with a wonderful, creative craft for my birthday! She delivered this "Garden Totem" to me over the weekend.

She scoured the thrift shops, my Mom's basement, her cupboards for wonderful vintage clear glass, cut glass, and decorative plates and vases.  She placed a mercury glass ball on the very top.




It will look awesome in the garden with sun light bouncing off the crystal and when the rainwater drips off the edges. I'm so excited.  Come on spring!

Thanks Maggie for your creativity!

1 comment:

  1. Barbie,
    It turned out beautifully! Won't it be lovely outdoors, and yes, with raindrops and sunshine too. I love the mercury ball on top.

    Very, very nice!
    Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete