Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

What Is With Me?

This is the second weekend in a row, my husband and I took a little day road trip and I didn't bring my camera.
I can't believe it.

Last weekend, it was to Saugatuck and Douglas.  This weekend we went up to Manistee to an estate sale.  It was suppose to be really lots of good stuff.  However, we went on day two!  WARNING!  The good stuff is gone.  They had some nice furniture but depending on what you are looking for, the little cool stuff I like  (i.e. vases, sewing notions, fabric, decorative bits.....all of the type of things I had seen listed we long gone.  It was a nice day anyway.  We ventured to the Farmer's Market in Manistee.  It's a nice, clean community...lots of huge old homes around the the downtown area.

We then took the back roads to Ludington.  We snarled around Hamlin Lake.  We did discover two vintage campers.  Richard knocked on doors....one man had no interest in selling...the other no answer.  We did find a phone number to call.

We then stopped at one of our favorite places to eat, Chef John's European Deli and Bakery.  Everything they serve is homemade.  We had Stuffed Baked Potatoe soup and split a huge sandwich.  Grilled roast beef on rye with Chipolte Mayo and Red Pepper Aoili.  It was very good.  We passed on dessert.  Though, the carrot cake was mighty tempting.

I made a quick stop into the Nautical Yarn Shop.  They had lots of yummy things.

Then we made our way home.....grilled out later in the evening and just worked on keeping cool!
It's another hot one today.  Richard mowed the grass early this a.m. but it's stuffy, steamy outside now.

Keep cool.  I'll try to remember my camera next time...promise.
Babs~

No comments:

Post a Comment