Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

To Heck With Resolutions

Do you actually know anyone who has made a New Year resolution and stuck to it?  I know I have never done so nor do I know anyone who has done so.

My thought......pick one little word for the year and make a concerted effort to work on it this year.  Examples:
patient, thoughtful, commited, present, encouraging, positive, etc.....

I believe mine will be:  thoughtful and awareness.  My intent is to reach out to those who I can help in some little way at the moment (i.e.) the elderly woman I saw walking with no gloves, no scarf, no hat and it was about 9 degrees out.  This year I will be aware ..... turn around and offer her a ride.

Let's us each be mindful of our intention this year, start out with a clean slate and be thankful we have a new year to celebrate.
Between you and me

 Happy New Year and thank you all for following my blog. 

TTFN - Babs

1 comment:

  1. oooh I like this idea! I'll have to think of my word :)

    ReplyDelete