Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Fun Little Question

When you were a child, what age did you think was "OLD"?

My answer would have to be late 40‘s, early 50s. My parents were that age when I was growing up...like middle school age and I thought they were old.

I remember when I was in my 40’s, I'd ask the kids if they saw 'old' when they looked at me. They must have loved me because they always said no!

I'd love for you to share your thoughts. Do you think children today view old differently?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. I just answered this question for someone. For you I will do it again!!!

    I remember thinking, wow, when you are seventeen, that is old. I still remember the girl I was thinking about too. I wasn't think of it as a "yuck," but old as, "I can't wait." I think I was 13 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are overall younger "seeming" than the generations that went before us. We use technology, dye our hair, no blue rinses and curly perms. We are more hip. Maybe not wiser, but hipper longer. I think old is over 80. I know lots of people who are 70 something and seem young. I think kids categorize people. Older frumpy people seem old to them. They judge by appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To me - old age is always ten years older than I am." -- John Burroughs

    ReplyDelete