Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Six Years Ago Today

I remember this day well. Early in the morning, Mom called and said Dad died. Richard and I went right over to the house. He laid there so peaceful, out of his pain and the misery of his last six weeks.

Dad never liked to talk about death. We all knew he was dying but never talked about it with him. We didn't say our goodbyes.....he pretty much chose to isolate himself from everyone. He was a very private man.

What would I have said if I had the opportunity to say goodbye? I would have been a mess. I'm not good at goodbyes.

I do know Dad loved us, he wanted the best for us, and always wanted us to strive to do better. He provided well for his family and taught us to keep a tight bond with one another. At that, he very much succeeded.

I think of you often Dad. And, we're taking good care of Mom! Love and miss you Dad!
 
 Love, Barbie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barbie,

    it is my Dad's anniversary this week too
    on Thursday he will be dead 24 years
    he died at age 49 and not a month goes by that I don't think of him.

    Take care of yourself.

    I love the photo.

    You paid a lovely tribute to your special man.


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I recognized that there is nothing better than to be glad and to do well during life." Ecclesiastes 3:12. Thanks for your post, Barb. I miss Dad too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie,
    Beautiful . . . I wish I had remembered this day today . . . forgive me please. Bruno was a good man . . . He always greeted me with cheer and I felt very welcomed when I was with you at a family gathering . . . Is that you?
    Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete