Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I have been blessed to have a wonderful mother!  You often hear people remark that their mother is the best, and I believe that is how it's suppose to be.  Everyone should have the privilege of having a mother that they admire, learn from, is inspired by and loved by.  Yet there are so many out there that are denied this blessing.  I feel bad for those relationships that are estranged or those who have no connection to mother.  I  can't imagine what that would be like as I have been so blessed all  my life.
At 91 years old, my mother still has so much love in her heart.  She still wants to "take care of" instead of "being taken care of".  My mom is selfless, giving, concerned, loving, and loved by many.  She is a blessing to so many.  I love you Mother!

My sisters and now my niece.  Wonderful mothers to their children.  Wonderful aunt to the little one.

And I can't forget my sister-in-law, Marlene.....such a wonderful mother to my Florida nieces and nephews.
Thanks to all of you for being such wonderful mothers to your children.  It warms my heart to think of the sacrifices each of you have made throughout the years and the love you have shown your children each of every day, through good times and difficult times.  My love to each of you.  You deserve to be honored on this day!
Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful words Barbie . . . and also, there is YOU . . . with honor, love, giving and selfless. Happy Glamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb, for the wonderful thoughts! And thank you so very much for being such a good aunt to my girls as well as the rest of the nieces and nephews. I think they all know you always have their backs! Love from your big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your big sister...being a wonderful auntie is a gift to the child and to the mom! I know how much all of those kids mean to you and you sure show it!! How sweet you are to your dear Mom too! You are blessed my friend! Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete