Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Vintage Camper Progress Report

As many of you may know, my husband surprised me last fall with this lovely little gem.




I named her Lila Jane.

She's been tucked in our garage, all warm and cozy, for the winter. Richard has been working diligently on the interior. She is really looking good. We're aiming for our maiden  camping excursion this spring.

Original wall paneling


Original closet area


Original Flooring



Side wall stripped to insulation
Now this:
Nice new bead board paneling

 
New Upper Cabinet and electrical
Replaced Flooring and rebuild seat frames
Updated insulation and wall complete
Looking pretty sweet, don't you think.  There's much work to do yet, but we're getting there.
This has been my latest project:
Paint removal on window frames.  Lots of scraping to do.
I've been working on decorating ideas inside.  Curtains, bedding, cushions, etc.  White, turqoise, and pink!  Isn't that going to be perfect?
And yes, my husband will love it at deer camp!  They must take their shoes off and strip before they enter.

Stay tuned for more progress as we move along.  Any decorating ideas....I'm open.
Babs~  Thanks Richie, for your hard work~

5 comments:

  1. Barbie . . . Lila Jane is looking wonderful!! I can't wait to see your decorating touches . . . Richie is going to be as "happy as a pig in mud" at deer camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of camper is this??
    Looks exactly like my 1968 Fleetwing.

    "Q"
    Sister #1899 - Sister's on the Fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to my '68 on Pinterest.
    Her name is "Shabby Shack" and I love her!! We want to redo the outside someday...
    http://pinterest.com/pin/180425528792164556/
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found you via Pinterest and looked at all your camper posts... I love your little camper, such an inspiration! I've been working on my new baby too... Maizy!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great transformation. A lot of work, I'm sure, but very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete