Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Couple of Ramblings

I am taking a few exercise classes at our local senior center. Don't laugh. My darling niece proclaimed she was surprised they let me in....I love her so much! Anyway, I've always considered myself to be quite coordinated. Let me tell you. Today I felt like a fool. We were doing some salsa steps and I was practically tripping over my feet. Becky, our instructor, was so smooth and graceful and made it look so easy. I felt old and frumpy trying to attempt it. We do lots of fun things in class. We hula hoop, lots of strength traing with weights, balance exercises, light aerobics with a little zumba steps thrown in and salsa as in today! Some good stretching and ab work! Just wish the coordination would kick in!

Have you ever heard of Argan Oil? I was asking my estethecian today about foundation. First, she said anyone over 40 should wear liquid foundation! Surprise! I've being wearing powder for years. She also told me she wears a product called Josie Maran. It's made with Argan Oil. Argan oil is all natural...no unidentifiable ingredients and chemicals. She really likes it, it only comes in three shades and it goes on white then adjusts to your skin tones. I googled Argan Oil and they call it liquid gold. You can use it on your face and/or hair. Reviewers say their skin glows. It supposedly takes care of fine wrinkles, acne, dry skin, blemishes, etc, etc. Lots of good things about its properties. I am going to give it a try. They carry it at Whole Foods so I will pick up a bottle soon.

As for the foundation, well I bought some yesterday and yes, it was powder. I guess that's going back. On the hunt again. Any recommendations for a light feeling, liquid makeup.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. It might be fun to see the salsa stepping in a photo or video . . . just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, Dance like no one us watching! You'll do great, just have fun! I am no help in the makeup department, but all the young ones use the argan oil on their hair...mine hair is already oily. The few I still have;-).

    ReplyDelete