Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Intriguing Dessert

I stumbled upon this dessert and obsessed with wanting to make it.I love just saying it...aff-o-gato!

Have you every had it?


Curious?  Well, feast your eyes on this......
It sounds very easy. The recipe I was perusing stated to take Haagen Das Ice Cream..preferable vanilla.  Scoop into large balls and place on parchment paper and place in freezer.  You want the ball to be very harden.  When ready to serve, start with a nice vessel, place crumbled cookies in bottom of glass (shortbread or crumbled biscotti, then the scoop of ice cream, pour over a shot of espresso*, then top with real whipped cream and shaved chocolate.  Ta-da!!
* if you don't have an espresso machine, simply use instant espresso/hot water.

Now, doesn't that sound decadent and delicious and to die for.  I so want to try this.  I think Lynne and I will do one Tuesday afternoon, but it will have to wait for now.....busy the next few weeks.  

If anyone has tried this, please let me know.! Supposedly they make it at Starbucks.
May have to check that out in the interim.

1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds dee-lish! You have tempted my palette . . .

    ReplyDelete