Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh Boy Am I in Trouble!

I received a phone call last night from Orlando and was yelled at by my brother~ he wanted to know why I didn't do a post for Erik's birthday.  It was October 7th!  Yikes!  How could I wish everyone else in the family a happy birthday and not Erik!  I'm so sorry Erik!  I will make this really special, how's that!

 
Erik turned 18 last week!  It's hard to believe that he is in his last year of high school and will be leaving home for college next fall.  He's so grown up, mature looking, braces off, and just plain adorable.

I adore Erik!  He is so funny, intelligent, talented, and has such a good heart.  I have had the pleasure of spending time with him during the winter when Richard and I visit.  We have witnessed his drumming at the football games and also in concert.  Erik puts his heart and soul into his drumming and when he plays, his enthusiasm radiates.

Erik has always appreciated fine food also.  He never hesitates to make menu recommendations to me when visiting, he can tell me who has the best creme brulee or tiramasu.  Erik always compliments me on my cooking and doesn't hesitate to tell me, this is fabulous or this is incredible.  He knows how to inflate my ego.

Erik has a very tender side also.  He isn't bashful about giving me a hug or sharing his thoughts with me.  He is  my buddy.  I like to play Words with Friends with him, however, he puts me to shame.  He is so very good.  We also mark on the door frame in the kitchen at his house, who is taller each time I visit.  I wonder if people look at the door frame and wonder what those red and black marks are.

Erik, I wish you the happiest of birthdays and please forgive me for not posting earlier.  It certainly was an oversight.  I promise next time I see you, I will make you my bananna pudding or creme brulee, OK!
I love you!

Aunt Barbie

1 comment:

  1. I think you made up for your birthday slip up!
    Sounds like Eric is a great kid. Tell him to keep up the "drumming." Let's see if we can get Letterman to feature him?

    ReplyDelete