Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Prep

I know some folks think I'm a wee bit anal at times, but hey this works for me. I stay on track.

My Thanksgiving time Table

I have to make the rolls, jello salad, dressing, sweet potatoes and corn. Easy.

I found a new recipe for corn. It's called Confetti Corn. My sister usually makes scalloped corn and I must say, I always pass on it but everyone else loves it. We'll see how this goes over.

Mel's Kitchen cafe blog

Sweet Potatoes are martha Stewart's recipe. I'm not one of those that liked the whipped casserole that tastes like dessert. I peel and cut the potatoes into wedges and cook/ steam the sweet potatoes in orange juice and butter. After a bit they start to carmelize when i add the brown sugar. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper and grate with fresh orange zest.

 

The dressing is my mom's recipe. Traditional. Must make a lot...everyone loves it. Bread cubes, celery, onion, green pepper, chicken broth, salt and pepper.

The jello salad is a family tradition also. Orange jello with mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple. Top with lemon pudding with cool whip mixed in.

The rolls are going to be butterhorn rolls. Recipe from octoberfarm.blogspot.com

She's making 800 of these for the local food shelter. I think I can handle one batch of 48. Makes a lot.

So there you have it. My sister doing the turkey, potatoes and desserts. Now, she is the one that really NEEDS the timetable. Sorry, Mag but you do!

If you would like to print a timetable, go to jennysteffens.blogspot.com

 

1 comment:

  1. The sweet potatoes with the orange flavor sound yummy - I don't like the marshmallow version either!

    ReplyDelete