Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Randomness

Oh my gosh, the rain here.  Puddles, high water, wet yards, standing water.  Our sump pump is kicking in about every 2 minutes.  The grass is turning green.  That's the positive.

Kitchen demo/uplift is in progress.

Warning, please make sure when you get a bright idea to tile a wall that that's what you really, really want to do for the duration of the your life in that house.  Getting them off is not pretty. My husband was not very pleased with me!  This is the wall after a few coats of drywall mud.

Out running about today picking out a pendant light for over the counter, looking at fabric - want to make some faux roman shades for the windows.  Picked up lots of paint today - primer, trim color, wall color and undercounter color.  I think it's going to look fabulous!

Mother to retinologist today.  Record time today - in and out in one hour ten minutes.  It usually a two to two and a half hour stint.  Both eyes injected.  Poor dear sweet mother!

Off to Grand Rapids tomorrow with a friend - Apple Store.  Hope I don't walk out with an IPhone.

Be well.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do in the kitchen!
    And get the iPhone for Pete's sake! It'll change your life...
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the tile being removed lightens the room even more. It is going to be fabulous! Remember, "you can never do enough for yourself." Did I hear you say that to me? Go for it, get an iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind on my blogs. Just a quick note rain is better than snow . . . love what you’ve done with the place (lol) . . . another phone? Happy weekend, my friend. Hope Lila Jane is taking some of the pressure off your mealtime preparation or that sweet hubby of yours is taking you out to eat.

    ReplyDelete