Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall Decorating

The apples are out. The days are cooler. The nights...well we turned our furnace on last night. Thus, it's time to begin a little fall decorating. And that I did this weekend.

This is a little difficult to see. I have a pine board on the burlap tablecloth. I placed a silver candlestick holder on each end with a white candle. Pumpkins on either side of the clay pot in the center. The pot has an arrangement of handpicked greenery from the yard. Then I placed hydrangeas here and there! Viola'.

Remember my letters from a few days ago? I moved them to the mantle and added a few pumpkins.

Today, I made a cute bunting to add to the mix.

It's rainy and gloomy here so my picture didn't turn out great. Sorry.

I think it turned out kind of cute!

My brother and I were on face time last night, I asked my sister-in-law Marlene if she had done her fall decorating yet. She responded by saying, "Barbie, I can't even think about fall when it's so hot and humid I can hardly breath." Poor thing, they just returned from a weekend getaway in Key West.

Guess I'd have a hard time thinking fall if this was my view! And I lived in Florida where the temps are still in the high 80’s.

Have a good week!

babs~

 

2 comments:

  1. I like living where I can experience the seasons . . . hot and humid and pumpkins and camp fires don't go together do they!

    I like your bunting . . . everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, Your banner is sweet and so is your mantle, I don't remember ever seeing it before. Very cozy! Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete