Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thought Provoking, Touching, Personal

A friend, Roberta, is a writer.  She is composing a memoir of her son Noah.  Recently, an excerpt was published in a journal, Atticus.  Such a thought provoking piece.  Wonderfully written.  Tender.  Honest.

Please take a moment to read this short piece.    WWYD...What would you do?  I'd love for you to share your thoughts.

He Plays the Harp.

Thank you, Roberta for sharing such a personal experience with us.
Roberta King

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and she raises some good points. We do need a word for a parent who loses a child. Although it is very hard I would rather be told right away so I don;t go on badgering with questions that in hindsight would be inappropriate. I think one could still ask "did he learn to drive?" "was he athletic?" etc. I completely understand how she never came to tell the nail tech though, although I suspect the woman knows and has kept respectfully quiet. God bless your dear friend and her son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie, very thoughtful of you to share Roberta's writing, He Plays The Harp. I hope more people read Roberta's profound provoking words.

    Chania said it best, God Bless your dear friend and her son . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....oh my goodness. She is absolutely amazing. Her post was incredible. Thank you so much for sharing.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete