Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Salad

This was supper last night.  Isn't it pretty?  Easy too.

Baby spinach leaves, grilled chicken, kiwi, blueberries and peaches (you can use strawberries but our berries looked bad).  The white is feta cheese (you can use goat also) and the center is candied pecans.

The dressing:  1/3 cup canola, 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 3 Tbs. strawberry jam, 1 Tbs. poppyseeds and 1/8 tsp salt.

For the candied pecans:  place a handful of pecans in a small pan, add 1/4 of sugar and a tad bit of water.
Turn the heat on medium high and keep on moving the pecans around.  They will begin to carmelize.  Keep moving, the sugar and liquid will evaporize.  Watch real close as it's easy to burn them.  When carmelized, empty pan onto a piece of waxpaper.  Cool pecans.  When cool, break apart.

YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Babs, this look so good. It was one of those days. I had to go to town to pick up a chainsaw chain for my husband and remembered I had nothing planned for dinner. I picked up one of those frozen bags you throw in a skillet for eighteen minutes and call dinner. Honestly it was pretty good with pineapple and peppers and chicken. I wouldn’t mind having a back up bag for Wednesdays. I had visions of being so organized when I retired. I’m as much of a mess as I was when I worked full time.

    ReplyDelete