Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nice Sunday Breakfast

My brother Phil shamed me into hosting breakfast this morning.  Ginny (my sister) came up for a visit yesterday and Phil thought it would be fitting for me to have brunch.  My niece Jessie came up from Holland too.

It ended up being six of us.  It was actually very nice and relaxing!  We were able to sit outside on the deck and enjoy the morning sun and a few summer breezes.

I made a new recipe (as usual).  They were egg nests (I'll include recipe below).  I would definitely make again.  Easy, quick, delicious and I bet they would freeze well for later use.
Phil made Dorie Greenspan's Lemon Poppyseed Muffins....always delicious!
Add fresh fruit and fresh, hot coffee.  Perfect brunch.
Nice family time with Grandma! Oh and Simon too!
Recipe for Eggs Nests
24 oz. frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 Tbs. oil
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Mix and place in oiled muffin tins.  Make well in center of each.  Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.

Mix eight eggs and a small amount of milk for scrambled eggs.  Place in well of each muffin cup after baked.
Top with crisp bacon pieces, small amount of cheddar cheese and parsley.
Lower over to 350 degrees and bake for 13 minutes.  Done!  You could add spinach to egg mixture.  The original recipe suggested crack an egg into well of potatoes and top with cheese and bacon.  Give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment