Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wonder

A receive a lot of questions from people regarding what I do all day now that I am retired.  It's hard to summarize.  The one thing I do know is the days go by so quickly.

Today I thought I would let you follow me a bit to get an idea of what a day is like.  It is already 12:30pm so half the day is gone.

I usually am up by 7:15 a.m.  Coffee is ready thanks to the timer on the coffee pot.  We sit and watch Good Morning America and get up on the local news and weather.  By 8:30 a.m., we've had our coffee and TV fix.  We fix a little breakfast and then get showered and dressed for the day. Oh...and make the bed.

This morning, I threw in a few loads of laundry then took a stroll around the yard.  Surprise!  My first dahlias.
 I picked a few other things that are popping....
I found a recipe on Pinterest for Lemon Crinkle Cookies.  They are first place cookies in a cookie contest so I thought I would give them a try.  I thought maybe Carl would eat a few.
Pretty tasty I may say!  My Mom stopped over to drop a few things off.  Sent her home with some cookies after she admired the bibs I made for Joslyn.

And then we had to admire Joslyn's latest photos on my iPad.
spennerphotography.blogspot.com  
So, chatted with Mother a bit.  Now it's time to blog, check a few emails, have a little lunch out on the deck.  It's a gorgeous day today.  I will probably fold the laundry, hang a few things on the line to dry.

I will work on a sewing project this afternoon  and then get ready for dinner at Lynne's this evening.
Girls Night Out!  Yippee!
I do keep busy!  Promise!.
Babs~

No comments:

Post a Comment