Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Garden

Though we have had a cooler summer and the plants and flowers had a late start, I think they are looking pretty good!  I want to share with you some of my favorites.

I purchased this bare root rosebush from David Austin Roses.  When they say bare root, they mean it.  It was just a dead stick when it arrived.  Taa-dah~  I'm thrilled to show off my first rose of the season:
The first of the day lillies are making their show also:
And the Annabelle hydrangeas are spectacular:

And my pots I planted by the garage are happy, happy, happy!
I harvested some lavender also.  I found a sweet white pitcher and will photograph for you a little later.
Enjoy the sights and smells of summer~
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment