Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WWMD?

WWMD - What would Martha do?  Well, of course, she would collect dessert/cake servers.
In her Living magazine for November, she presented an article about collecting cake/dessert servers.  And, this sparked my interest.  Just think of the fun ways to display them.....say in a galvanized metal milk bottle carrier and the cake servers wrapped in twine...a few vintage doilies tucked in the the bottle slots too.  Oh so cute.
Here is a snippet from Living Magazine




and I had to start scouring the antique stores for my very own.  This is what I have come up with so far:
From left to right:  Silver plate handle, sterling silver handle, bakelite handle and far right is lucite.
I can't wait to discover the next one!  What a fun thing to do when garage and estate sale-ing and hunting through antique stores (and my mother's silverware chests).
TTFN - Babs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Babs. Sounds like a wild time in Muskegon!

    ReplyDelete