Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Herbs A Plenty

My sister works for an assisted living facility. They planted an herb garden and it is so abundant. I was there for my weekly volunteer duty...manicures. On the way out, she asked if I wanted some herbs. They were growing and growing. The cook could only use so many. Thus, I obliged.

Basil

 

Chives, parsley, oregano, thyme, sage

Wasn't totally sure what to do, so I googled it and ended up freezing them for soups and stews, etc. used the food processor for the basil, chopped it up, added some evo and froze it in ice cube trays. When frozen, plopped them into a freezer bag. Made the chives into a log, froze and just need to slice to bottom off as needed. Same thing with the parsley. It was easy, peasy. Will be excited this winter.

Received a recipe from my hairstylist today. Strawberry Basil Simple Syrup. Michigan berries are in now, I have my source for basil. I'm making a batch this weekeknd. Yum. Strawberry lemonade or a little simple syrup with a dash of vodka and club soda or sparkling water....oh my!

 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Barbie . . . ice cube idea, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the herbs can be dried also. Your good deed received an immediate reward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a weird problem I cant subscribe your feed, I'm using google reader fyi.Thank you for the helpful info! Intellux I would not have discovered this myself!At this time improvements in could also be seen in a point of contention.Is it okay to post some of this on my site if I include a backlink to this page?http://www.healthsupreviews.com/intellux

    ReplyDelete