Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

OverDrive

This was a new adventure for me. Always on the lookout for expanding my horizons!

Recently I read an article in our local newspaper regarding the public library and the availability of ebooks. I went and checked on it as I couldn't quite figure out how to access on the libary website.

The reference desk gal was so helpful and walked me through the process. I came home and accessed the site. WOW! It's awesome. So many book titles out there at my fingertips. It's amazing I can get a book into my iPad on loan. Of course, I had to test the waters. The book I chose was The Minette Bakery. It was out on loan so I placed a hold on it. As promised, I received an email letting me know my book was now available.

It worked..simply entered my library card number and Viola....I received the book. I will have it for two weeks and the Gods of Cyberspace come and take it back to the library for me.

I encourage you to check your local library for ebooks....its a neat way to get the latest titles and for free! Have fun with it! Please let me know if you use this service and how you like it. Any tips?

Babs

Babs

1 comment:

  1. This is something I really need to learn how to do. Thanks for the prompt. Oh..and...good job!!

    ReplyDelete