Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Things

Yesterday was a nice warm, Indian summer, kind of day.  I went down to Grand Haven and sat at the Marina and knitted.  Just enjoying the last of the sun and the warm temperatures.  I, then, wandered into Central Park and picked up giant acorns.  I have to "cure" them now.  Last year I put them in a cute bowl on the counter and next thing I knew I had worms everywhere.  So,  I need to dry in the sun and then "bake" in the oven for an hour.  Baked worms for supper tonight!

So here is a photo of my knitting project:  a lovely dishcloth.  I bought the green Monday and I think I will get a mustard color.  I will package as a three-cloth set and sell it at the Vintage Viola shop along with my wallets.  My unemployment ends in two weeks - have to do something, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment