Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Birds Would Love Your Help!

I saw this neat idea on another blog and thought I would pass it along.  I've been throwing bits of string, yarn, and thread out but I like this even better.

Let's help the birds make their nests.  All you need to do is take a suet feeder or mesh bag (onions come in them) and fill it with string, yarn, natural materials,( i..e., dried grasses, hay, twigs, etc.), feathers, fur from other animals, fabric, (small pieces) and whatever else birds can use to make their nests.

Fill the feeder or bag and hang it near your birdfeeders.  The birds will see it there and pick out what they like.
It will be interesting to see what they use.  Take notes for next year.




Send me pictures of your bird nesting materials and let me know how it goes.  Thanks for helping out our feathered friends.

Enjoy our nice days.
Babs

1 comment: